Nature has a tendency to provide more than just psychologically therapeutic effects; being exposed to it every day can actually save your life. Watch this, learn, and then go outside and save your soul.
Browsing ATI By science
From the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Organization: “Although 75% of the planet is a relatively unchanging ocean of blue, the remaining 25% of Earth’s surface is a dynamic green. Data from the VIIRS sensor aboard the NASA/NOAA Suomi NPP satellite is able to detect these subtle differences in greenness. The resources on this page highlight our ever-changing planet, using highly detailed vegetation index data from the satellite, developed by scientists at NOAA. The darkest green areas are the lushest in vegetation, while the pale colors are sparse in vegetation cover either due to snow, drought, rock, or urban areas. Satellite data from April 2012 to April 2013 was used to generate these animations and images.”
Thanks to technology, paralysis doesn’t necessarily condemn you to the unnatural confines of a wheelchair for the rest of your life. Engineers at Ekso Bionics have created a cyborg that allows people with paralysis to stand and walk.